not quite the turnabout they expected

callmeslick

Re: not quite the turnabout they expected

Post by callmeslick »

Darkhorse wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 pm At this stage of the game I do not see any attack on science, I see a new administration trying to get a handle on an out of control government.

ummm, squelching climate data, denial of evolution in science curricula, denial to the point of not discussing or addressing climate change, ignoring for political reasons extensive data collection on health outcomes, anti-vaccine efforts. Bear in mind, we are not an Anti-Trump rally, but seeking to address a rather longstanding dismissal of science, facts and intellectual pursuits. If you don't see the issues I cite in the first sentence here as happening or even having already taken place in a few political settings, you are not looking, or not aware of what real scientists seek to do, and what they value. You wouldn't be alone, and we feel it's time to bring attention to how science is being squelched, and on the flip side, what in your daily life has already been improved by a traditionally embracing view of Science by Government until rather recently.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Darkhorse wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 pmShow me where rights are being taken form someone.
Good question. Here's your answer.
A group of powerful men in a room telling women what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 pm
Darkhorse wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 pmShow me where rights are being taken form someone.
Good question. Here's your answer.
A group of powerful men in a room telling women what they can and can't do with their own bodies.

wrong url R_D...here's the 'right' one^^^^^^
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

sometimes it goes past something so simply described as rights. Women are sort of sick of this sort of ignorance when legislation around healthcare comes up(Chipz, you'll love this):
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

are ya speaking for your wife...slick or r_d ??? ;)