Quite the shock to lefties

Dawg

Quite the shock to lefties

Post by Dawg »

Washington (CNN) – A majority of Americans think the federal government poses a threat to rights of Americans, according to a new national poll.

Fifty-six percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday say they think the federal government's become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens. Forty-four percent of those polled disagree.

The survey indicates a partisan divide on the question: only 37 percent of Democrats, 63 percent of Independents and nearly 7 in 10 Republicans say the federal government poses a threat to the rights of Americans.

According to CNN poll numbers released Sunday, Americans overwhelmingly think that the U.S. government is broken - though the public overwhelmingly holds out hope that what's broken can be fixed.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted February 12-15, with 1,023 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points for the overall survey.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
GOYA

Re: Quite the shock to lefties

Post by GOYA »

Dude, you know you can't trust CNN.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

pffft, unless I agree.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

go look up the poll on the same topic in 2006. Identical numbers. Almost within 1%.
Yet, when you ask Americans if they wish to continue or discontinue Welfare, Unemployment insurance,
Highway building, Defense, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Food and Drug Administration, NIH, NASA
or Education dept, in not one case can you find a majority that wish to discontinue. Go figure.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Why is it that every post you make sounds like you're defending a larger Federal government?
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Loco-S

Post by Loco-S »

maybe to relive the good old times of the soviet union, where there were no citizens, only employees.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

callmeslick wrote:go look up the poll on the same topic in 2006. Identical numbers. Almost within 1%.
Yet, when you ask Americans if they wish to continue or discontinue Welfare, Unemployment insurance,
Highway building, Defense, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Food and Drug Administration, NIH, NASA
or Education dept, in not one case can you find a majority that wish to discontinue. Go figure.
commrad slick, same topic?? 2006?? You mean after Bush was seen on levies planting dynamite and caused Katrina?

Very interesting you tossed in Nasa, highway building and education this time with entitlement programs. Three programs that previously have yielded billions on the return in those tax expenditures.

ok, not one to wait I found searching Reuters Gallop for those numbers all I could find was high percentages of those who said government was broken, and they didn't trust them to do things.....like "fix" Katrina, so links showing Americans feared imminent threats to our rights please
The dow closed above 11k, nasa flew by venus, sends back all kinds of photos of all kinds of things, snagged comet dust too, we were arresting all kinds of terrorists here and abroad, and treating them like...terrorists, we were still friends with the UK,blah blah

I'm weary looking for proof of your statement, so I'll let you
ABC News archives

"Generally speaking, would you say you favor smaller government with fewer services, or larger government with more services?"

date Smaller Larger Unsure

1/12-15/10 58 38 4
6/18-21/09 54 41 4
1/13-16/09 53 43 4
06/2008 50 45 5
11/2007 50 44 5
6/04 50 46 4
7/02 53 42 6
1/02 54 41 5
I can only find links showing Americans would be OK overall, less government and LESS services, so again, link up slick. This ABC poll goes all the way back to 2002!! Same question too- verbatim. According to the ABC archive stuff.
I recall seeing some anti bush polls around the time of the patriot act, so maybe theres your chance to post we the peoples fear of a commie government take over polls- but all of those were about trusting the gov, NOT the fear that our government is taking us down the path of less freedoms, more restriction, more government control we have never experienced except in war time as we walked over dead bodies and thought, "how did this shit get so far in the first place"
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:Why is it that every post you make sounds like you're defending a larger Federal government?
because, in a modern, diverse society, a larger federal government is necessary.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I'm not going to go into the range of babble you wrote in that last one, Dawg. Just look up CNN/Opinion research poll(the one you cited in the original post) of Feb 2006. Or, any other recent year. They run the same poll, at the same point every year. No real change over the past 6 years that I could see,given that they ask only1000-1100 folks annually.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

callmeslick wrote:I'm not going to go into the range of babble you wrote in that last one, Dawg. Just look up CNN/Opinion research poll(the one you cited in the original post) of Feb 2006. Or, any other recent year. They run the same poll, at the same point every year. No real change over the past 6 years that I could see,given that they ask only1000-1100 folks annually.

ah, the slick bail
ok then :roll: