Hey Slick

fatman

Hey Slick

Post by fatman »

Want to come fishing over here there's a bit of competition involved once you land your catch :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2sjzIVf1U&fmt=18
callmeslick

Re: Hey Slick

Post by callmeslick »

that was cool. I catch sharks down in VA about that size from time to time. Don't have to fend off crocs to
land them!
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ever try fishing for sharks, Fatman? It's a blast. Essentially, the way we do it, off of Assateague, is this:
put a good size hunk of bait(entire small fish, or a 4 inch chunk of larger fish) on a big, sturdy hook, attach enough weight to get it to stay on/near bottom, and lob out behind the breaking waves(not too far, which unnerves my wife about daytime swimming in the same area). We do this at night, from summer through early fall. The biggest I've ever gotten in pushed 4 feet, but I've seen a 7 footer come in. w00t!!
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Nope and i wish you the best for catching them maybe its time you got a trawler and some longline the oceans need to be rid of the shark menace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LebBRGS8hLY
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I dunno....seems like everytime we weed out some 'menace' of a predator, we find out too late the purpose they served in the overall balance.
Quasar-NL

Post by Quasar-NL »

Fishing sharks?

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Hell, Quasar, we do it standing on the beach in VA. Then again, I have yet to see a monster white come out of the waves.
Quasar-NL

Post by Quasar-NL »

callmeslick wrote:Hell, Quasar, we do it standing on the beach in VA. Then again, I have yet to see a monster white come out of the waves.
Hmmm, do you have bull sharks where you live? They are aggressive feckers and more dangerous then great whites.

but you still need a bigger boat :)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Quasar-NL wrote: but you still need a bigger boat :)
true, but YOU try talking my wife into the idea........ ;)
GOYA

Post by GOYA »

Jesus, can UConn Basketball sink any lower?