geez, am I going to have to be diplomatic

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
callmeslick

Re: geez, am I going to have to be diplomatic

Post by callmeslick »

oh, simmer down, Buzz. We're just doing our level best to assist your recovery with a bit of sports give and take. Just don't put us on ignore. :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I don't like to be told what I can do. Especially, when it doesn't affect you guys at all.

Saying I can route for a team i've been a fan of for 50 years is ridiculous.

It's fine. You play your games, and I won't bother you.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

you realize, do you not, that you're simply catching predictable, male-bonding type shit because of jumping ship to the Broncos, right?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I should have stated what I was doing in the beginning, but it was too much fun busting your chops. I told myself if the Broncos could make it to the SB they would be worthy of my support. Even if they had lost the game yesterday, but played smart and hard i'd hang with them. They didn't play smart, and i'm not the only one who feels that way. I can't support a team like that.

I never stopped being a Pats fan, and inside I was still routing for them. I live in Bronco country, and not supporting them is pretty hard. If they had made it to the SB, and then I said I changed my mind I want the Pats. That would be jumping the ship. I didn't give up on the Broncos. I stayed with them until they failed. I made the decision based on how they lost, that I didn't want to support them anymore. It's only natural for me to back to my real home team.

It shouldn't matter at all to you guys who I route for. I'm not involved in any of your competitions. I had one detour from the Pats in 50 years. It won't happen again.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

atone for you sins, Buzz! And remember, you wouldn't be catching a bunch of goodnatured ribbing if we didn't like you..... :)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

It was easier to take when I was routing for Denver. It tells me I wasn't really a Denver fan, but just going through the motions.

Their loss yesterday might have saved me a bag of gold. What was your bet going to be?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

given that Buddy is a rescue dog, and my Teddy is a rescue dog, I was going to propose a wager of a small, but reasonable amount to benefit canine rescue organizations of some sort. Nothing huge, like $50.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Where did you get the idea Buddy is a rescue dog?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I thought I remembered you saying that. I stand corrected if otherwise. Hell, that would have blown my whole idea up!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

at any rate, buzz, my standard wager on ACWOS is without personal beneficiaries, with loser agreeing to pay to some worth cause. I thought the dog thing would be good, as we both have good, loyal dogs. I think cash wagers, head to head, on the interweb, are problematic at best. Too much chest-beating, angst and stupidity. That's why I like to have the winnings go to a charity.