Yesterday started out okay............

Buzz

Re: Yesterday started out okay............

Post by Buzz »

That's going to be a bitch to fix the El Camino.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Being a gear head you know.................I'm not thrilled about having to keep an eye on the body shop people. The whole friggin' car looks like that hood, the tailgate a bit worse. I drove it that day cuz the weather was cooling off. I keep it garaged all of the time, even have a super nice car cover for it for the garage. My timing couldn't have been worse.

I'm thinking if they can find a hood and tailgate from a junkyard that are in halfway decent shape they'll be better off.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

That leaves the roof. They'll have to take out the headliner to do it right. Did it get the sides at all? Glass?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:Being a gear head you know.................I'm not thrilled about having to keep an eye on the body shop people. The whole friggin' car looks like that hood, the tailgate a bit worse. I drove it that day cuz the weather was cooling off. I keep it garaged all of the time, even have a super nice car cover for it for the garage. My timing couldn't have been worse.

I'm thinking if they can find a hood and tailgate from a junkyard that are in halfway decent shape they'll be better off.
damn, that sucks! I mean, the roof and window damage to the house and such can be repaired/replaced by insurance coverage, but the car.......Insurance doesn't account for sentimental value. I hope it gets restored to tip-top shape, and sorry about the damage.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

Get ready for a fight with the insurance about the car. They may try to "total" it due to it's age. I hope they don't mess with you on it.

I figured the roof would be a goner. Check the gutters too if ya got 'em. LOL

It sucks. Hope you get it sorted with a minimum of bull shit.
Last edited by Wullie on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

I manage a Large Body shop. let me know if you need some advise.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Wullie wrote:Get ready for a fight with the insurance about the car. They may try to "total" it due to it's age. I hope they don't mess with you on it.

I figured the rood would be a goner. Check the gutters too if ya got 'em. LOL

It sucks. Hope you get it sorted with a minimum of bull shit.
Wullie has a point on the vehicle...if they insist on "totaling" it...make a deal to buy the salvage on it....
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Pudfark wrote:
Wullie has a point on the vehicle...if they insist on "totaling" it...make a deal to buy the salvage on it....
I doubt they will. I have classic car insurance with Hagerty. No deductible. It's insured for way more than it's gonna cost to fix. And thank god they gotta remove the headliner. 1) it ruins the headliner 2) the guy who did it used leather and it shrunk a bit on the edges. I'd much prefer to go back to OEM.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

ruggbutt wrote:
Pudfark wrote:
I doubt they will. I have classic car insurance with Hagerty. No deductible. It's insured for way more than it's gonna cost to fix. And thank god they gotta remove the headliner. 1) it ruins the headliner 2) the guy who did it used leather and it shrunk a bit on the edges. I'd much prefer to go back to OEM.
One less headache. :mrgreen:
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

CUDA wrote:I manage a Large Body shop. let me know if you need some advise.
You have a lead on a good body shop here in Phoenix or Glendale? The guys who painted originally don't do it any more. They decided selling insurance was more lucrative.
All the cool LOMAC stuff