Yes or No...should Obama pardon Hillary?

Pudfark

Yes or No...should Obama pardon Hillary?

Post by Pudfark »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... -says.html

...I say Know/No.

Cuz, thus far Hillary ain't guilty of anything. But, if'n ya sez Yes, you saying she is.

So, mark me down as a SUPPORTER of Hillary and not one to cast a disparaging vote of Yes...prematurely. :idea:
callmeslick

Re: Yes or No...should Obama pardon Hillary?

Post by callmeslick »

you dpn't pardon someone not charged with anything. Quit getting news and opinions from your idiot sources.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

8-) So far...two No's, zero Yes's or Eh's.... :?:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

what else should you expect. There is only one answer that makes any sense. You might as well be asking should we commute her sentence.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

callmeslick wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 pm you dpn't pardon someone not charged with anything. Quit getting news and opinions from your idiot sources.
I was thinking the same but then I saw this->
"There is no question that the Constitution's broad pardon power permits you to pardon someone who has not been convicted, or even charged, with a crime. The most famous pardon of all, President Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon, a month after Gerald Ford took office. It occurred in the absence of any indictment. It has been the law since at least 1867 that the President may pardon someone anytime after the offense is committed."
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/appe ... -1.2949407
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

"It has been the law since at least 1867 that the President may pardon someone anytime after the offense is committed."

Well stated and I believe accurate....

Marking that down as a YES and a explain of criminal conduct...implied of course.

Updated: 8-) So far...two No's, one Yes and zero Eh's.... :?:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I hear you DH, but we all knew Nixon was about to get charged with felony conspiracy. To pardon Clinton, first one has to actually REQUEST the pardon, which she didn't. That would be tantamount to admission of guilt to a crime which not one lucid adult in the nation ever considered even indicting her on, or even suggesting a statute that she violated.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:20 pm I hear you DH, but we all knew Nixon was about to get charged with felony conspiracy. To pardon Clinton, first one has to actually REQUEST the pardon, which she didn't. That would be tantamount to admission of guilt to a crime which not one lucid adult in the nation ever considered even indicting her on, or even suggesting a statute that she violated.
I'll go this far...for the moment....
James Comey...his and his agencies conduct and then there's Loretta Lynch and her conduct... :roll:
I could go into 'lucid' detail...if required? ;) :D
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

oh, he may have had reason to pardon Comey and some others in the FBI on Hatch Act violations, but beyond that.......
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:07 pm oh, he may have had reason to pardon Comey and some others in the FBI on Hatch Act violations, but beyond that.......
I said 'lucid detail' not lucid tales^^^^^ ;)