oh, and that law firm at the presser?

callmeslick

Re: oh, and that law firm at the presser?

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and my current take is rather positive, in that it looks like this stuff is going to be looked at deeply, in close to a bipartisan manner. That's all I require, along with journalistic oversight. The questioning from the GOP of Tillerson was hopeful, as well, showing a real reluctance to coddling Russia. By the way, I've been sort of defending Tillerson to a lot of liberals. I have no real idea how he'd do as a Sec of State, but he's a bright man, and nothing along the lines of climate change denier that some liberals fear. Rex freely admits that man has a role in CO2 levels, that petroleum plays a part. He might take a different approach to dealing with it, but Exxon was actually one oil company that said they could live with a carbon tax. I've sort of known Rex via mutual friends in Texas, and standing as a stockholders of E-M going back to Standard Oil days. He's VERY smart.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

now, the pick of this woman......
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... abled.html

that is precisely the thinking that will turn the US into a third world minor player.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

callmeslick wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 pm
Darkhorse wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:19 am I have come to the conclusion that this is a steaming pile of horse biscuits and falls in line with the Obama birth certificate!
that was a quick change of mind. Care to elaborate?
The first red flag is this was all started and paid for by anti-Trump opposition research, none of the claims are substantiated and the info came from unknown Russian sources but the biggest thing that I do think is fishy is it was sent to the press before it was briefed to the POTUS and Trump. It does need to be investigated but I do think it will be a waste of time and money.
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

callmeslick wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 pm now, the pick of this woman......

that is precisely the thinking that will turn the US into a third world minor player.
I do agree that this pick needs to be dumped.
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

:lol: :lol: Slick's link is 'just another blogger'... :lol: :lol:

Elliot Hannon - The New Yorker
www.newyorker.com/contributors/elliot-hannon
Oct 2, 2015 - Pakistan's National Baseball Team Arrives, Improbably, in Brooklyn. Despite lacking resources and any history of success, the team has ...

:lol: :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Darkhorse wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:44 pm
callmeslick wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 pm now, the pick of this woman......

I do agree that this pick needs to be dumped.
that's the way thinking folks ought to approach this one. To my mind, I'm ok with Tillerson, kept in check on Russia, not ok with DeVos, Rick Perry, the guy for Interior. Others I am still in wait and see mode.....especially Carson. With him, I've always contended that his heart was in the right place but that his head was up his butt. This job seems to completely confuse him, but he has life experiences that should inform him. Oh, and I'm in wait and see on the VA pick, but he sure is better than the goofy idea of Palin that some floated.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Darkhorse wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 pm The first red flag is this was all started and paid for by anti-Trump opposition research, none of the claims are substantiated and the info came from unknown Russian sources but the biggest thing that I do think is fishy is it was sent to the press before it was briefed to the POTUS and Trump. It does need to be investigated but I do think it will be a waste of time and money.
OK, first off, all that was leaked to the press was that a report had been circulated. Nothing about details. The claim that any contents were leaked before the briefing is a Trump claim which NO ONE has verified, to my knowledge. If you can show otherwise, feel free. The fact that the report was generated by opposition research funding merely shows that such operations have the money to hire the best. I've been around politics my whole life and in my experience, I've seen little by way of fabrication, exaggeration or inaccuracy from the OR researchers or reports. The whole idea is to find what is credible and unable to be refuted by the targetted candidate. I was sort of shocked that some of those deep pocket GOP guys like Bush or Cruz didn't fund this sort of thing a year earlier. From all reports, and again, feel free to provide countering facts if you know of any, the firm and individual hired for this report have top credentials in the security world, and a long list of reliable Eastern European contacts. Just the little I've heard of Trump's domestic conduct leads me to believe there is FAR more dirt to use against him, and a President in that position is a weak one.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Then Slick, you must be ok with this....

B-2 bombers kill nearly 100 ISIS terrorists in Libya

Targeting a few 'goat herders' with multi-billion dollar bombers...a couple days before ya leave federal housing.
Attempting to cover up, what Hillary fucked up and couldn't.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/19 ... libya.html

Obama's legacy....he beat up the homeless. :lol: :lol: :lol: