Obama's gun control speech tonight...

Pudfark

Obama's gun control speech tonight...

Post by Pudfark »

" The lion doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of a sheep. "

Fuck Every Arab Refugee

8-)
HappyHappy

Re: Obama's gun control speech tonight...

Post by HappyHappy »

Very cool Pudster!

I bet Commieshit is whacking off to the President's speech as we chat here.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

you really only hear what you want to, don't you? I suppose it makes perfect sense to you that some folks, deemed to dangerous to allow on a fucking plane, are perfectly able, legally, to buy guns?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Pudster, apparently those guns were purchased and modified by a straw buyer.
A Federal crime. None of the firearms were legal in California.
Seems the receivers were modified to allow full automatic fire.

So much for gun laws.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/06/fb ... tcmp=hpbt1

So, Commieshit can eat......shit :-)
fatman

Post by fatman »

I did like this bit
But "freedom is more powerful than fear," said President Obama,
Followed up with this
He also said the US must make it harder for potential attackers to obtain guns.
So give up freedoms for tighter laws way to go guy

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35021210
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

callmeslick wrote:you really only hear what you want to, don't you? I suppose it makes perfect sense to you that some folks, deemed to dangerous to allow on a fucking plane, are perfectly able, legally, to buy guns?
If they are deemed to dangerous to allow on a fucking plane, why do you even fucking allow them to fly to the USA in the first place so they get the right to own guns?

Are you flying them in only to justify banning guns or sumthin'?

Cherry on the cake : "hey guys, please surrender the right to defend yourself from the dangerous terrorists we are bringing in".

You had an example in Paris of what happens when terrorists enter a crowded place where nobody is allowed to carry a gun.

& for some reason they have managed to find everything they needed to carry their deeds in a country where guns are banned. Go figure.

Nic
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Are you flying them in only to justify banning guns or sumthin'?
You bet! it's the Fascist ultra "Liberal" agenda.
I will add that many Americans are delusional when it comes to "gun control".
They think that banning guns stop criminals!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

nicolas10 wrote:
callmeslick wrote:you really only hear what you want to, don't you? I suppose it makes perfect sense to you that some folks, deemed to dangerous to allow on a fucking plane, are perfectly able, legally, to buy guns?
If they are deemed to dangerous to allow on a fucking plane, why do you even fucking allow them to fly to the USA in the first place so they get the right to own guns?
umm, because in some cases, they were BORN here? Sound like a familiar scenario to a Frenchman?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Because of some dumb-ass leftist law. Yeah that rings a bell.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

nice cop out. However, for those that heard for read the text of the entire speech, there was, to my mind, good and bad, and the gun issue was but a small part of it. One part I objected to was the characterization of 'self-radicalization' as new. It isn't. Richard Reid, years ago, self-radicalized before attempting the shoe bomb thing. On the other hand, steadfastly holding to no mass of troops in the region is very sound, as that is just what ISIS wants to see. Why appease them? Yes, we are paying a price for years of doing equally stupid things in the region, but there is no need to continue the mistakes. As for the bulk of the speech it was more of an attempt to call for folks to deal with the modern issue of terrorism with a measure of solemn thoughtfulness, not lashing out with stupidity and xenophobia. That was the correct tone, and always has been sound advice.
I note, this morning that the right in the US just went back to assailing Obama in some of the dumbest ways they've managed to date, thus accomplishing exactly what he warned about: divisiveness projecting American weakness. Our President Lincoln grasped that, at Gettysburg, and apparently some folks here are far too stupid to grasp the lesson 165 years down the road.