Who is running a SSD?

Jumoschwanz

Who is running a SSD?

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I put an Intel G2 solid state disk in my rig for the boot drive. I had heard a lot about how great they were for this and it is true.

I got the 40g for a bit over $100 on newegg, and set my 500gig sata as the secondary drive. When I installed windows on it, it formatted the whole drive in about ten seconds, that was an eye-opener right there.

I got the intel because sources all said they were the best manufacturers of these disks, and sell ssd parts to others for re-labeling. The 80gig is more than twice as much as the 40gig, and the 250gig is close to 600 bucks, so the bigger disks are not worth it for the masses. But set as a boot drive, the 40gig makes it seem like you just got a whole new computer the way the OS and all your primary software comes up and runs.

I did put IL246 on it with the OS etc. and I get to the control panel in about six seconds after the double click...

I have a Asus socket 940 mb with the AMD chipset, Amd quad core running at an easy and cool 3.5 ghz and dual 4870s running on crossfire with a couple of gigs of ram running at 800 and some mhz. What a machine it is......
ruggbutt

Re: Who is running a SSD?

Post by ruggbutt »

Make sure you disable defrag for the SSD. Use the utility that comes with it as defrag will do bad things to it.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Buzz

Re: Who is running a SSD?

Post by Buzz »

I smell nerds.