Flying For the First Time

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
DKoor

Flying For the First Time

Post by DKoor »

Tolwyn
Site Admin

Re: Flying For the First Time

Post by Tolwyn »

That singer sounds familiar.
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Tolwyn wrote:That singer sounds familiar.
+1 good stuff. ;)
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I can remember some of the first times I flew IL2, but I don't know if I can remember the very first time. I remember buying it, installing it beside CFS2, and quickly liking it very much.

I can remember how hard it was to take off, and I remember the first offline mission I flew in the bf109.

I can remember just about the first time I flew online with it. I flew an La5fn on a server, and oddly enough 609IAP Relentov and a buddy were chasing me around in 109s! That was backwards huh?

I don't remember my very first online kill. I remember flying around, panning views with the numberpad in a horizontal plane only, and blowing the shit out of a friendly in a 109g6A/s armed with three mk108s.

And I remember how eastern-front oriented the sim was. Now nobody in western squads or servers flies Russian aircraft hardly at all......
TX-Thunderbolt

Post by TX-Thunderbolt »

Jumoschwanz wrote:"...I remember flying around, panning views with the numberpad in a horizontal plane only, and blowing the shit out of a friendly in a 109g6A/s armed with three mk108s...."

Ahhh...those were the days. LMAO, that's hilarious Jumo, but only because it represents most everyone's initial experiences as well.
Juha

Post by Juha »

The very first online kill was a P-38 and I was flying an IAR-80 :twisted:
All I ever wanted, was my own way
rsm

Post by rsm »

god i still remember the first time i flew il2

I just took off (barely), was flying around minding my own business when someone blew me up. Never saw him.

Went up again, same story.

Said screw it, went back to cfs for another couple of months till the massive exodus of 2001, when I finally came back and just took the beatings like a masochist until I started delivering some. Still thank -=FA=-Whisky for sticking with me and showing me the ropes and -=FA=-Memphis for really upping my 1v1 skills back then.