picking our bones

callmeslick

picking our bones

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: picking our bones

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Why wouldn't we?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Where is Canada's tech? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

Why is it that you only show half of the story?
https://lofgren.house.gov/news/document ... tID=398125
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

what missing half? Do you think THAT is going to do anything past isolate the US further while driving multinationals away from hiring in the first place?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Darkhorse wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:01 am Why is it that you only show half of the story?
https://lofgren.house.gov/news/document ... tID=398125
Excellent read.
Thanks.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/03/abe-says ... trump.html

whee!!! 700,000 US jobs, not bad. About 5 months worth of Obama's run in one shot.....BUT, read the article. First off, these jobs are by definition temporary, during the build out. And second, the project will be leaving behind a state of the art robotics/automation infrastructure that is entirely created by, serviced by and profitting the Japanese. That jumped out to everyone I know in the US with an industrial background. The real good paying jobs that infrastructure leads to will mainly be in the Japanese offices and R and D facilities. Americans will likely be repair and operations techs as needed. Not a good positons, and the perfect example of the world picking the bones of the US economy while we get distracted by racists and xenophobes and utter incompetents.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

$450 billion dollar business plans that would create 700,000 jobs don't develop overnight. It takes a long time to research and develop these kinds of things. This was probably in the works for quite some time and would have been presented to whoever won the American Presidential election regardless of who that was.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:51 pm $450 billion dollar business plans that would create 700,000 jobs don't develop overnight. It takes a long time to research and develop these kinds of things. This was probably in the works for quite some time and would have been presented to whoever won the American Presidential election regardless of who that was.
oh, exporting state of the art robotics is a Japanese national priority. Should have been ours, but that would be 'picking winners', right? Note, the national Pension Fund is even invested in this project.....that should tell you something.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

and, the Chinese continue to move in on the real estate markets. That is another thing often overlooked by Americans.....with business being global, residences can be global. And, with the whole game currently rigged for the investor/entrepreneur class, those folks will drive the housing market in every pleasant spot on the planet. This morning's reading material.......I may work this into a Think Tank thread.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/for ... ar-AAmIq95