not quite the turnabout they expected

callmeslick

not quite the turnabout they expected

Post by callmeslick »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnbcA1

when you have to describe the Women's March in DC as a 'riot', you should be turning in your badge, Sheriff. Oh, you poor sensitive souls....never saw THIS coming, did you?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Darkhorse

Re: not quite the turnabout they expected

Post by Darkhorse »

I would never describe it as a "Women's March" when half of the women of the Nation are excluded (by the so called inclusive party) it becomes nothing more than a political anti-Trump march. So what rights do these women think they are losing?
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

rights to determine the control over their bodies. Right to equal pay across the board for equal jobs. Right to not be discriminated against by health insurance(pre-ACA), etc.......not a woman, so I am not going to be up to speed. By no means was any segment of American women excluded. I know a busload of Republcan women from here who went. I know a group of pro-life women from Utah who went and were welcomed as sisters. Running a little scared, DH, or just puzzled?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

do you have any input for inclusion at the March for Science, before I descend into a weekend of steering committee conferences? I'm serious, because I've been pretty much on a soapbox in the inner circle over inclusion. I want the march to be about reminding the skeptical of the value of science, the primacy of proven facts, the value to society of research without pre-conceptions or limits on publication and exchange of data and results, and so on. I don't wish to participate in some effort where it in ANY way comes off as, We're Smart and You're Stupid for supporting the other side. At all.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:20 pm rights to determine the control over their bodies. Right to equal pay across the board for equal jobs. Running a little scared, DH, or just puzzled?
Mark me down as puzzled....what a way to start an explain? Sounds like yer promoting prostitution. :roll:
or whining, again, cuz ya don't know what yer talking about? :roll:
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:23 pm do you have any input for inclusion at the March for Science, before I descend into a weekend of steering committee conferences? I'm serious, because I've been pretty much on a soapbox in the inner circle over inclusion. I want the march to be about reminding the skeptical of the value of science, the primacy of proven facts, the value to society of research without pre-conceptions or limits on publication and exchange of data and results, and so on. I don't wish to participate in some effort where it in ANY way comes off as, We're Smart and You're Stupid for supporting the other side. At all.
Just saying in a nice way.....all you brought to the 'table' is "pre-conceptions".
Now saying, flat out, this is all 'back burner' BS....weigh/way down the list of things.....to do.

Old Pudfark sez: " Where was all this crap the last eight years.... ;) "
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:20 pmRunning a little scared, DH, or just puzzled?
I am puzzled by the above question!
Show me where rights are being taken form someone.
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Pudfark wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:57 pmMark me down as puzzled...
We did that about 8 years ago.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:23 pm do you have any input for inclusion at the March for Science, before I descend into a weekend of steering committee conferences? I'm serious, because I've been pretty much on a soapbox in the inner circle over inclusion. I want the march to be about reminding the skeptical of the value of science, the primacy of proven facts, the value to society of research without pre-conceptions or limits on publication and exchange of data and results, and so on. I don't wish to participate in some effort where it in ANY way comes off as, We're Smart and You're Stupid for supporting the other side. At all.
At this stage of the game I do not see any attack on science, I see a new administration trying to get a handle on an out of control government.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Darkhorse wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 pm
callmeslick wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:20 pmRunning a little scared, DH, or just puzzled?
I am puzzled by the above question!
Show me where rights are being taken form someone.
dude, I listed the issues. Whether you view them as 'rights' issues is legitimate, but, like the abortion issue, likely not a male decision to make.