Get used/accustomed to it...Your Future!

callmeslick

Re: Get used/accustomed to it...Your Future!

Post by callmeslick »

Barfly wrote:Some election voting must be suppressed, and there must be a controllable method to do so. Otherwise the system is easily corrupted / manipulated.
nonsense. No one, and I mean NO ONE has ever found any evidence of voting fraud. Election fraud, sure, lots of it. Bogus counts of machine tallies, very suspicious use of absentee ballots, votes by the dead appearing. Supression of voting by actual registered voters, in person, at their proper polling place is not a solution for anything, other than 'too many' old , poor and black people voting.
That is elementary, and obvious if you looks at the myriad of activities that require licensing or i.d. The only reason you would open up voting with no i.d. required is to cheat the system. If you understand that, and believe that works to your advantage, it speaks to lack of character and / or lack of belief in a democratic election system.
we have required no ID at the poll in our entire history, and once again ZERO proof of any voting impersonation. NONE.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:um, are you sure you're thinking about the Dems, or that you even followed that whole process yesterday. Let's review, the GOP doesn't allow voting on much of anything, and doesn't seat delegates that don't promise to vote on roll call for the nominee, and then follow that up by working nationwide to supress actual election voting, and you are whining(and that is what it is, childish whining) about what?
Well, if anybody can manipulate the/their system, fool folks into thinking they have a vote that "counts". It's y'all. Then lie. Then "trump". Blame others. Move on. That's really y'all. Ok, then. I still think it's funny as hell. Indicative as well. Foretells the future.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:
Barfly wrote:Some election voting must be suppressed, and there must be a controllable method to do so. Otherwise the system is easily corrupted / manipulated.
nonsense. No one, and I mean NO ONE has ever found any evidence of voting fraud. Election fraud, sure, lots of it. Bogus counts of machine tallies, very suspicious use of absentee ballots, votes by the dead appearing. Supression of voting by actual registered voters, in person, at their proper polling place is not a solution for anything, other than 'too many' old , poor and black people voting.
That is elementary, and obvious if you looks at the myriad of activities that require licensing or i.d. The only reason you would open up voting with no i.d. required is to cheat the system. If you understand that, and believe that works to your advantage, it speaks to lack of character and / or lack of belief in a democratic election system.
we have required no ID at the poll in our entire history, and once again ZERO proof of any voting impersonation. NONE.
What is written in red is the biggest lie/pile of horseshit ever
heard/written. Does the term "election fraud" ring any bells. Dead folks voting (can't resist it) "without I.D." It's late afternoon, Slick....time fer a retiree libation, me thinks ;)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

election fraud is NOT the same as voting fraud. I pointed out the differences a while back. Try to keep up. Reading will be easier when you remove your head from your ass. You might be well served to look at the history of voting in the US, and how lax the regulations have been. In the 19th century, immigrant males could vote before ever applying for citizenship.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

"Poll Tax"? Ring any bells?

I seem to remember a little court decision on that :idea:

So, the government has the right to decide your health care,
along with the IRS to decide your taxes, but not the right to
I.D. you when you vote. Oh yeah, that's understandable and
is sure to make sense. A lot of sense, especially now days with
about 20 million non-citizens in this country. That would support
the idea, that nobody needs a passport or any type of I.D. Ya just take their word
for it. I get it, there's just no way, they could "illegally" sway/turn an election.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:"Poll Tax"? Ring any bells?

I seem to remember a little court decision on that :idea:
I remember just fine, more voter surpression. Your point?
So, the government has the right to decide your health care,
along with the IRS to decide your taxes, but not the right to
I.D. you when you vote.
of course, they ID you, both when you vote and when you register. You simply don't have to go out and get a photo ID to do either.
Until lately that is.
Oh yeah, that's understandable and
is sure to make sense. A lot of sense, especially now days with
about 20 million non-citizens in this country. That would support
the idea, that nobody needs a passport or any type of I.D. Ya just take their word
for it. I get it, there's just no way, they could "illegally" sway/turn an election.
geezus, do you even VOTE? How the hell would photo ID requirements change whether or not an illegal voted. They can't register in the first place. I don't know about Tejas, but here, we have to register and get assigned a polling place to vote. You have to be a citizen and non-felon to register. You have to identify yourself at the polling place to workers that check the voting roll for that place of voting.As I stated, immigrants could vote before becoming citizens at one time, but that rule changed long ago. Once again, you are making silly excuses for a problem that has NEVER been shown to exist.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

most of the cases in question thrown out. Looks like the same less than .1 % that PA came up with. Interesting, one of your links cites the real truth....."the new ID law will not apply to absentee ballots".....which have been the GOP method of fraud for over a decade. How can you force a person to have ID to vote in person, but allow anyone to cast an absentee ballot with no proof of ID?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:most of the cases in question thrown out. Looks like the same less than .1 % that PA came up with. Interesting, one of your links cites the real truth....."the new ID law will not apply to absentee ballots".....which have been the GOP method of fraud for over a decade. How can you force a person to have ID to vote in person, but allow anyone to cast an absentee ballot with no proof of ID?
Glad you noticed that. I feel compelled to ask you this?
Voting is like driving. It's a privilege and can be taken away.
Like driving, you have to "carry" your license? In a manner of
speaking, you do? Voter registration? Why not the photo I.D./license with it?
I really don't understand you reluctance to head off fraud?
Hell, you can't even fly on an airline without it.