Feck

Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Feck

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

ruggbutt wrote:
Reservoir_Dog wrote: No shit! He should take this kind of stuff to PM's!
Lighten up, emo-kid.
Sorry rugg, I didn't mean to infringe on your right to grab a cog in public. I guess I'm not very politically correct or sensitive enough to your type.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Don't bring your shit into my thread assclowns.

This thread is about my fecked up face and fishing.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Buzz wrote:This thread is about my fecked up face and fishing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
fatman

Post by fatman »

Buzz wrote:
fatman wrote:Grab an acog Buzz im in love with mine i even talk to her sometimes :oops:
Grab a what?
One of these great little things they would suit a mountain man and they even come with scripture i have john 8:12 on mine

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/ ... G&mid=4x32
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Buzz wrote:Good name. The popular fly for this hatch is the black foam caddis. I hate it, because I like natural materials, but it does work good.

Usually what I do is fish about 1/4 mile ahead of the hatch. I still gets lots of fish, but I avoid the swarm that gets in my ears nose and mouth. Caddis taste like crap.

Fishing in the middle of such a hatch can just be a frustrating waste of time. You are competing with too much real food for the trout. Your technique gets you to where the fish are seeing the initial hatch of bugs, but not a rolling conveyer belt that is wall to wall insects. My little fly is a blackish olive in color with an upright wing of dark grey snowshoe rabbit foot hair. They will float all day, but the body hangs in the water.
Fish jump on them just like the real thing, when the black caddis are emerging.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

fatman wrote:
Buzz wrote:
fatman wrote:Grab an acog Buzz im in love with mine i even talk to her sometimes :oops:
Grab a what?
One of these great little things they would suit a mountain man and they even come with scripture i have john 8:12 on mine

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/ ... G&mid=4x32
You think that suits a mountain man with a muzzleloader?

Go stand in the corner.

I'm thinking about the old style all brass scopes. Fixed power. 4x should be fine.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

callmeslick wrote:
Buzz wrote:Good name. The popular fly for this hatch is the black foam caddis. I hate it, because I like natural materials, but it does work good.

Usually what I do is fish about 1/4 mile ahead of the hatch. I still gets lots of fish, but I avoid the swarm that gets in my ears nose and mouth. Caddis taste like crap.

Fishing in the middle of such a hatch can just be a frustrating waste of time. You are competing with too much real food for the trout. Your technique gets you to where the fish are seeing the initial hatch of bugs, but not a rolling conveyer belt that is wall to wall insects. My little fly is a blackish olive in color with an upright wing of dark grey snowshoe rabbit foot hair. They will float all day, but the body hangs in the water.
Fish jump on them just like the real thing, when the black caddis are emerging.
Our big hatch is Brachycentrus. So, any black caddis works pretty good. I usually just tie up a black elk hair caddis. We're suppose to have 150 different kinds of caddis in the Arkansas. Seems like a lot.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

our caddis equivalent is B. Numerosus, I forget exactly what species you guys get. The adults are black,
the pupae are dirty olive, hatching from little 4 sided brown cases you can find plastered all over the rocks.
Black caddis(elk hair or other) work for the adults here, but far more fish take the emergers. I think they're easier for them to grab, hanging in the surface film.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

You forget what species we get? Maybe my last post will give you a hint. :P
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Buzz wrote:You forget what species we get? Maybe my last post will give you a hint. :P

um, Buzz, that's the genus. Remember, biologist here? Brachycentrus Numerosus is the eastern Grannom Caddis. Look just like yours except ours are far bigger. Some folks use #12 hooks, I prefer #14 usually.