Yesterday started out okay............

ruggbutt

Yesterday started out okay............

Post by ruggbutt »

Yesterday was awesome, I had just gotten DCS A10 downloaded (via torrent). As I was getting ready to transfer it to my gaming rig I hear a freight train coming down our street. Then I heard a thousand midgets jumping up and down on our roof. Then glass starts breaking. I'm like "WTF, over?!!". I open the front door and the wind nearly rips the door out of my hands. Hail. Now understand, I live in a place where it's over 100 degrees F 6 months out of the year. We get 4 inches of rain a year. It's hail all right, golf ball size. I have 5 windows on the south (street side) of my house. 3 of them are busted. Two of them are shattered. I found glass 15 feet inside in the front front room. I go outside, broke a window in my garage door. Hail damaged my classic muscle car. It has a $4k paint job. Hail damaged my g'f's Z-28. I have brass numbers screwed into concrete block (which my house is made of) that were pulled out of the block. Haven't had a chance to get up on the roof yet. I have a new roof (3 years old) but that doesn't mean there isn't any damage. 90% of the houses on my street alone have at least one broken window on the south side. Went to Home Depot to get some plywood, just about every skylight in the store was broken. I have dwarf yucca in my front yard, the leaves are shredded just like you see in after hurricane pictures. I was shocked that even my low voltage lights along the driveway were all damaged.

Anyhow, I got my windows boarded up and have a claim into my homeowners insurance. I guess we'll see if AAA insurance was worth the past 10 years of payments. Here's some pix.

All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Buzz

Re: Yesterday started out okay............

Post by Buzz »

Sorry for your damage.

Then again, it's about time you got some good weather. :D
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Youse guys have strange basketball fields. Aren't the baskets supposed to face eachother or something?
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

Wow Rugg! We got some hail up here at Union Hills & 51st Ave but nothing like that, lots of rain.

Some pics from around town: http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/commph ... al.com/#78
Last edited by Darkhorse on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Rugg, check your outside A/C unit...especially the condenser coils....even though the storm is over, take as many digital photo's and close ups of the damage....photo everything and take as many photo's of the roof as you can.....to include turbine vents, flashing gutters etc.....don't forget the inside of your home where windows were broken and wind driven rain/hail entered.....

In the insurance industry they have a saying... " no picture, no pay ".....

I was looking at DCS A10C yesterday...read where it will work as 64 bit program....very interested and going to buy it...once the TrackIr issue is bug is fixed....

At one time I was a Texas Licensed Property Casualty Insurance Adjuster...my specialty was catastrophic storms...hurricanes/wind storm....should you have a question, PM me....

Old Pudfark sez: " The number one reason for not having solar panels..... "
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Thanks Pudfark, I'll do what you said.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

wow, Ruggie.....glad you weren't caught outside in it, though sorry about the damage. I heard about that storm on NPR, and when I logged on, I was hoping you had checked in. 2-inch hail is a freaking bitch to deal with.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I've been near tornados before and they scared me every bit as much as this one did. They call them a "microburst" here but they're a tornado. I know, I heard the freight train coming in before the hail hit.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

You call them little things HAIL STONES? :roll: Went through one here in '95 that was dropping soft ball sized ice rocks along with a tornado.
http://www.stormtrack.org/library/1995/hail.htm I was driving a Chevy 3/4 ton PU and it looked like it had a sledge hammer used on it. I got it under an awning before the windshield got punched.

I know how you feel. Pud's correct, get picks of EVERYTHING, even the top of your fence. Went through a similar deal here a couple of years back. Roof, planters, A/C units gutters, beat the shit out the top of my privacy fences, and bunch of other shit got ruined.

Bright side was I bought a new hail damaged car for $7K off MSRP. I can't see the dents when I'm driving it. :lol:

The storm chasing roofing vultures will be out in droves too. Use folks that you KNOW are local. ;)
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Got up on the roof yesterday to inspect. Didn't like what I saw. My roof is 3 years old and the whole south side needs to be replaced.

As I was getting down off of the roof I was greeted by this. I've had this car since high school, my dad bought it new and I've spent countless hours and money restoring it. I almost couldn't get down off of the roof cuz I started to tear up................

All the cool LOMAC stuff