Big brother in our schools

CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Big brother in our schools

Post by CUDA »

It hit home to me yesterday with a situation with my 16 year old daughter.

Here's the backround. school just started this last Monday (9/13) so things are just getting going. my Daughter is taking 2 elective classes.
Creative writing and Drama. her creative writing teacher is new to the school this year and asked her students if she could be their friends on their face book page. (why escapes me) my daughter said yes. this is after only 1 class with her.

Now for the story. in My daughters drama class there was a new student in class this year, who my daughter says would comment on everything the teacher said, through out the entire class. my daughter said she had gotten very frustrated with him because she was interested in what the teacher had to say. and he was a major distraction. so when she came home from school she posted about it on her facebook page. she wrote " I was so frustrated with him I wanted to drop kick him out a window" she had even mentioned this to my wife who thought nothing of it. so she wasnt trying to hide anything.

Now for the aftermath. this new teacher that had friended my daughter saw what she wrote and turned it into the principle. who inturn called my wife (who she has known for years) and said she has to report it to the state as a threatening comment.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I understand the rational of their thought, with Columbine and all. I don't understand the lack of common sense.
I am tempted to picket the school with a warning to other parents and students that they are being spied on by the faculty.

First off a teacher is not "your friend". they are your teacher. that relationship must remain seperate
second your position as a teacher is one of authority and trust. a trust which has now been violated on the first days of class. a class that my daughter now has to sit through for the rest of the year.
this teacher has now lost the respect that should be afforded her, by her position, because now every other student in class will soon find out what has transpired.

My wife is meeting with the principle today and I should find out around 11AM what they are going to do.
keep watch on the news you might hear about be ending up in the slammer over this

[end] Vent frustration rant [/end]
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Buzz

Re: Big brother in our schools

Post by Buzz »

I'm watching Gunsmoke.

Did you know it was on for 20 years?
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

She violated rule#1. NEVER put it on paper.

HH
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

bearkiller wrote:I'm watching Gunsmoke.

thats an awful long time just to sit and watch a tv program, did that include the commercials?

you should get out more often
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Daiichidoku wrote:
bearkiller wrote:I'm watching Gunsmoke.

thats an awful long time just to sit and watch a tv program, did that include the commercials?

you should get out more often
I know. I'm getting blisters on my ass.
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

you should stop going back n forth on the seat when the Festus Hadden scenes come on ;)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

that yokel reminds of someone....but I just can't place it :)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:

While I understand the rational of their thought, with Columbine and all. I don't understand the lack of common sense.
I am tempted to picket the school with a warning to other parents and students that they are being spied on by the faculty.
hell, they had a school near Philly that issues laptops with built-in webcams. Turns out the district used it to selectively spy on students. What it boils down to, as you state, is common-sense. It ought to be clear that a girl(who I suspect has a proven record as a good student) uses the word 'drop-kick', no real intent has been formed.
First off a teacher is not "your friend". they are your teacher. that relationship must remain seperate
second your position as a teacher is one of authority and trust. a trust which has now been violated on the first days of class. a class that my daughter now has to sit through for the rest of the year.
this teacher has now lost the respect that should be afforded her, by her position, because now every other student in class will soon find out what has transpired.
this part goes to the heart of one of the MAJOR social problems of the past 20 years at least. The lines of authority, and thus respect between adults and children has been blurred. I know, some nitwit will come on and blame Liberals, but it happens in all types of settings. Parents work at being 'friends' to their kids, and in doing so, lose all respect, which, in turn hurts the child's development. I've seen it countless times in so many different ways. It goes to the heart of why our children can no longer carry motivation for learning or work into adulthood(not saying there aren't exceptions, but by and large).
My wife is meeting with the principle today and I should find out around 11AM what they are going to do.
keep watch on the news you might hear about be ending up in the slammer over this

[end] Vent frustration rant [/end]
perfectly acceptable Dad behavior. I thought you and your wife home-schooled? Also, I'll gladly make bail for you, unless you go Postal and shoot the place up or something goofy.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

For the record Slick, conservative leaning parents don't "friend" their children. That's a liberal thing. Every friend I have that's both conservative and has children don't expect the school to take any type of parenting duties. They prefer to have that for themselves. Liberal parents choose to live by the "it takes a village" to raise a kid. Why is it my conservative friends have kids that respect and fear them in the proper amounts? None of my liberal friends can say that.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:For the record Slick, conservative leaning parents don't "friend" their children. That's a liberal thing. Every friend I have that's both conservative and has children don't expect the school to take any type of parenting duties. They prefer to have that for themselves. Liberal parents choose to live by the "it takes a village" to raise a kid. Why is it my conservative friends have kids that respect and fear them in the proper amounts? None of my liberal friends can say that.

good for you, but I've seen spoiled, out of control kids from Conservative types up this way.

and, as I predicted, a nitwit DID come along.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Slick wrote:I thought you and your wife home-schooled?
we still do "mostly" since the grandkids came it has been more of a load on the wife. This is a Charter school. which combines homeschooling with some classes that are more involved than my wife is currently willing to expend the energy for.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."