Big brother in our schools

callmeslick

Re: Big brother in our schools

Post by callmeslick »

well, I hope the principal can temper the reportage to the state with common sense. As for your daughter, I hope there is a lesson learned. This is far from the worst outcome that has come from social media, trust me.
Perhaps, it will allow her to become very wary of Facebook and the like. One essentially gives up all right to privacy once in the domain of the Social Networking sites, and for a teenage girl, the gates can open to some truly dangerous types.

Bottom line though, seems to be this: as all aspects of a society spiral downhill, it has negative impacts upon ALL of us, even those of us who try and do the right things, follow the rules, act responsibly. The inflexible violence rules sprung up from truly horrific events which reflect the breakdown of the morality of the society.
The invasion of privacy is accepted because Facebook is pushed by society, even though a casual study shows it to be nothing short of a list-generating and advertising medium. Teachers can be 'friends', because kids have grown up with the idea of adults as 'friends' being normal. It all interweaves, and anyone who wonders where we are going, and why we are in a handbasket has only to look at the differences in society over the past 30 years. Maybe, I'm just getting older and more sensitive(whippersnappers!), but what I'm trying to express isn't that progress or change is bad, it is that we, as a society haven't adjusted to the rapid changes in such a way as to allow our moral compass to still function properly.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

What about my blisters?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Sit pretty...as in, "on the edge of the chair"....Bearkiller.

Cuda, settle for nothing less than a complete expunge of this incident and her school record....and as much as I hate'm, lawyer up if you have to....the future consequences to your daughter could/would incite you to a breach of the peace and that won't help your daughter or family... by the way for legal reasons only, the age of your daughter may have considerable bearing on this issue.....do not accept BS or apologies, only what I wrote in the first sentence. Good luck and I mean it.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Cuda, I can't believe I left this important advice out......Have your daughter "shit can"/"Un-Friend that P.O.S. teacher.....Now!!!!
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Cuda....crap like this really bar-b-ques my chili.......Worst case scenario and those idiots are unable to apply reason and understanding to this issue and choose to take word for word what your daughter wrote.....then a case is also made by your daughter to fire the teacher for not controlling the class and allowing that idiot kid to disrupt it, resulting in a point of frustration for the other students....to wit: If half her story is true, then all of it is......
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Slick wrote:Bottom line though, seems to be this: as all aspects of a society spiral downhill, it has negative impacts upon ALL of us,
agreed and the cause seems to start with the family, and mostly the single parent families

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Report ... lent-Crime
Policymakers at last are coming to recognize the connection between the breakdown of American families and various social problems. The unfolding debate over welfare reform, for instance, has been shaped by the wide acceptance in recent years that children born into single-parent families are much more likely than children of intact families to fall into poverty and welfare dependence themselves
http://www.quebecoislibre.org/000610-9.htm
Consider these facts:
85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes (U.S. Center for Disease Control);
90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes (U.S. Bureau of the Census);
80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes (Criminal Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26, 1978);
70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report, Sept 1988);
85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home (Texas Dept. of Corrections 1992).

In fact, you can pick a social ill at random and you will find that the correlation with fatherlessness is clear and direct. Depression. Suicide. Dropping out of school. Teenage pregnancy. Drug use. In sum, fatherless children are:
5 times more likely to commit suicide;
32 times more likely to run away;
20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders;
14 times more likely to commit rape;
9 times more likely to drop out of high school;
10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances;
9 times more likely to end up in a mental institution;
20 times more likely to end up in prison

Pud wrote:Good luck and I mean it.
Thx pud. I dont know who was more pissed off last night. the wife or me. I was looking to "boot someone out a window" :P
Cuda, I can't believe I left this important advice out......Have your daughter "shit can"/"Un-Friend that P.O.S. teacher.....Now!!!!
already did.

My wife went to the teacher and politely informed her that since she has shown herself to be an untrustworthy individual by her actions, she has instructed our Daughter that she will no longer be allowed to associate with her on a personal level and has been told to remove her from her facebook friends list. :mrgreen: I love My wife.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Cuda....crap like this really bar-b-ques my chili.......Worst case scenario and those idiots are unable to apply reason and understanding to this issue and choose to take word for word what your daughter wrote.....then a case is also made by your daughter to fire the teacher for not controlling the class and allowing that idiot kid to disrupt it, resulting in a point of frustration for the other students....to wit: If half her story is true, then all of it is......
GOYA

Post by GOYA »

Is it allowed to say that they want their team to BEAT another team? Sounds terribly violent to me.

Just another confirmation that people are stupid. Like we needed another.

But to be fair, the schools are faced with a strange problem that wasn't there when we were kids.
Even the weird, violent kids back in my day didn't kill multiple folks. They just kicked their asses.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

GOYA wrote:Is it allowed to say that they want their team to BEAT another team? Sounds terribly violent to me.

Just another confirmation that people are stupid. Like we needed another.

But to be fair, the schools are faced with a strange problem that wasn't there when we were kids.
Even the weird, violent kids back in my day didn't kill multiple folks. They just kicked their asses.
True.

Last year my stepson was slapped by a kid. The kid slapped him with a heavy chain necklace. Left some pretty serious marks marks on my kid's neck. My kid took the offending kid and threw him under a lunch table. Problem solved. The kid with the necklace went crying to the teacher and BOTH of them got suspended for 3 days.

As my kid is brown belt in Karate, a full head taller, and 60 lbs heavier than the brat that started it, I thought he showed remarkable reserve. He's remarkably level headed and I'm as proud of him and love him as much as if he were my own blood. He knows that and I'm not ashamed to to tell him I love him.

He did get to see me tear his band teacher a new ass one afternoon for keeping a parking lot full of parents waiting an hour to pick up their kids. The teacher thought the kids needed to keep marching in 100° temps after the scheduled time to knock off. I took him to task about the delay and advised if also if he wanted to punish the kids he could do it their time and NOT keep all the parents waiting in the hot sun. The kids got out on time the rest of the marching season.

The problem child is being reared by his grandmother. I've met her and she appears to me to be an OLD hippy. She obviously failed rearing her daughter ( the kid's mother) and now she has another chance to fuck up a life by not imposing any rules.

Zero tolerance is the KEY word in the school's argument. I say let the little shits find out that there isn't a "reset" button if things get stupid and your stupidity gets you a black eye or bloody nose. Unfortunately, fighting is thing of the past. The kids have gone high tech and would prefer to shoot each other. Hell, knives are old school.

Cuda, I'm with Pud on this one. Lawyer up and get that removed from her record.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

GOYA wrote:Is it allowed to say that they want their team to BEAT another team?
Prolly not. Just one state away (Kalifornia) you can't put your kid on a sports team (such as Little League) and not have the touchy feely award ceremony where everyone received a trophy cuz everyone who played is "special". Just read of a school that has stopped the playing of dodgeball in P.E. class. They're afraid someone might get hurt. I've never seen a kid put in a coma cuz they got smacked with one of those red bouncy balls. The left has pussified America's children.

Cuda, I'm sorry that the school has pulled this crap on your kid. The good thing is that now you can teach her the smallest lesson about what's wrong when communist do-gooders infest public schools. And she learned a life lesson. The internet isn't so anonymous and it can be dangerous, even in the smallest way which she's just experienced. I'm glad you lawyered up. It's the only way to bitch slap these school officials who aren't nearly as smart as their predecessors. They care more about who's being mean to who instead of teaching.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum